Responsible research and innovation
- Approach that anticipates and assesses potential implications and societal expectations with the aim of fostering research and innovation in an inclusive, societally-oriented way by engaging all actors through inclusive, participatory methodologies in all stages of R&I processes and in all levels of R&I governance.
- A 4-dimensions normative framework on innovation processes:
- anticipating risks and opportunities,
- ensuring reflection in the consequences of your activities,
- doing that by engaging multi-actors who can provide knowledge, insight into needs, concerns, norms and values at play or give ideas for proper action
- Taking action and executing proper responsiveness