Corporate social responsibility
- “A concept whereby companies integrate social and environmental concerns in their business operations and in their interaction with their stakeholders on a voluntary basis”, as well as “the responsibility of enterprises for their impacts on society” [European Commission, 2011].
- Responsibility of an organization for the impacts of its decisions and activities on society and the environment, through transparent and ethical behavior that:
- contributes to sustainable development, including health and the welfare of society;
- takes into account the expectations of stakeholders;
- is in compliance with applicable law and consistent with international norms of behavior;
- is integrated throughout the organization and practiced in its relationships.